Jun 9, 2022
How do you feel when you think about taking ADHD medication?
The process of obtaining and finding the right medication can feel like A LOT.
First, you have to approach the subject with your doctor (who may or may not be well-informed about ADHD) -- and then there is finding the right type and dosing of medication, dealing with potential side effects, and the whole process of trial and error.
It never goes perfectly. But it can go more smoothly -- when you take a few steps to plan and prepare for it.
On this episode of Motherhood in ADHD, I share all my best tips and strategies for starting ADHD medication that I learned the hard way -- from tackling the first conversation with your doc, to riding out your first few months.
- Tips for remembering to take your medication daily (No more, "Ugh, did I actually take that today?" moments)
- How to take your medication for maximum effectiveness
- How to work with your doctor to start and stop medication safely
- Tips for finding the right dosing
- What to do if you can't afford your ADHD medication
- Tips for approaching the topic of ADHD medication with your doctor (No, you're not a "drug seeker"!)
- And so much more!
Your first go-round with ADHD medication doesn't have to be a disaster. You deserve to feel confident, informed, and fear-free while you find a treatment plan that works for you.
This material is not intended as medical advice. Please consult your doctor or a trained medical professional to find the treatment plan that best fits your personal situation.
What if you could look back at your day, and know you did everything on your to-do list? What if you could feel productive and accomplished, knowing you showed up for the people and things you love most?
It’s all possible with the Daily Planning for Moms with ADHD course, where I teach you how to keep a calendar and organize your to-do lists in a way that makes sense for your ADHD brain.
Join today at: bit.ly/adhdplan
Read the transcript and view the show notes on the Motherhood in ADHD blog.